- Writers who write for other writers should write letters.
- Never be embarrassed or ashamed about anything you choose to write. (Think of this before you send it to a market.)
- Stories to end all stories on a given topic, don't.
- It is a sin to waste the reader's time.
- If you've nothing to say, say it any way you like. Stylistic innovations, contorted story lines or none, exotic or genderless pronouns, internal inconsistencies, the recipe for preparing your lover as a cannibal banquet: feel free. If what you have to say is important and/or difficult to follow, use the simplest language possible. If the reader doesn't get it then, let it not be your fault.
- Everybody talks first draft.
domingo, 6 de abril de 2008
Leyes para escribidores